STEPS FOR SETTING UP A WORKSHOP
- Gather a list of unions or associations in your area. Contact the presidents of those organizations.
- You can either make initial contact with the presidents by phone or in person.
- Either way, by phone or in person you will be explaining who we are, who we work with and the opportunities that are available to their members.
- Put together a spreadsheet or take notes for the progress of each local or branch you are working with.
STEPS FOR SETTING UP POSTAL STAND-UP
- Define areas and counties of the state with a good clustering of post offices. (use Google Maps)
- Create mail merge database of post offices with names of Postmasters or Officers in charge. ( Postmaster finder usps.com)
- Select a date for a workshop/Stand-up in the selected area. (Usually, Thursday nights at 6:00 pm in the evening works well.) also plan 30 days out.
- Call each postmaster.