Planning for long term care is an easy thing to put off. Maybe you think you’re too young, can’t afford it or simply won’t need it. But if you want to help preserve your choices about future care and have retirement assets and personal savings to protect, then long term care insurance could be the right vehicle for you. Here are 10 reasons why it may make sense for you:
- To help protect your assets and personal savings.
- To help preserve your quality of life.
- To have options for your care—with long term care insurance, you can choose to participate in deciding where and how to receive care.
- To have access to appropriate care—the right policy helps ensure that the care you receive will be appropriate for your needs.
- To relieve the burden of care from your loved ones.
- To help leave your assets to your family, friends or charity—long term care services are expensive and, without proper planning, can quickly use up a lifetime of savings.
- To gain access to a professional care coordinator in a time of crisis. A professional can help you and your family coordinate your long term care needs, which may include locating services to help with a particular illness, injury or condition.=
- To enable you to stay in your home for a longer period of time—comprehensive long term care insurance offers you the option of staying in your own home for as long as possible.
- To stay with children without depending on them for care—long term care insurance may make it possible for a parent to stay in a child’s home without being dependent on him or her.
- To help you and your family plan for the future.
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
We are here to help. Our goal is to provide you with the knowledge and tools to make educated decisions when it comes to your benefits and retirement. Contact us today!